Sunday, August 07, 2005

truth in advertising

Calling AdBoard, hello! It's obvious to anybody with half a mind that those shampoo ads violate all truth-in-advertising policies ever created. I swear, I don't know how these materials go through the AdBoard and get approved time and time again. I mean, of course your hair won't bounce like that or look as smooth as that, no matter how many times you use the shampoo. No matter how often you use it or how long, the result will never measure up to what you see in TV. And what's sickening is that all shampoo brands engage in this kind of misrepresentation. Well, the issue about how effective these ads are in the first place is an entirely different matter. I just think that the AdBoard does the public a disservice by letting these flagrant stretches of reality make their way into our TV sets.

No comments: