Tuesday, December 25, 2007

christmas 2007

I'm not sure if it's just me (or darling beau since we were just discussing this earlier and he agrees with my sentiments) that this Christmas seems to be not as festive / not as celebration-worthy as previous years. We're hoping it's just a temporary bump in the I-love-Christmas choo choo trains we've been on since we were tots, and not because this is a sign of old age. This Christmas season just seems a little more commercialized than usual, a little less festive, a little bit depressing...

I actually have some trouble analyzing why. Most of the factors are the same as in previous Christmases. We both spent the holiday with family and with each other (me and darling beau, I mean)... We both got to rest and relax and really catch up on things we've let pass in the past 12 months of the year (i.e. catch up with old friends, sleep, etc). We also got some really nice pressies and got to go to our fair share of parties. But, despite all of that, there's just less of a Yuletide spirit this year. I couldn't quite put my finger on why, exactly, that is. It's just how I feel... and apparently, darling beau felt the same way. Weirdness.

Hope this doesn't become a habit. And I sure wish that New Year's will be a whole lot better, because this feeling isn't a good one to welcome a new set of 12 months with.

This feeling notwithstanding, I'm still very very thankful for 2007. It's been full of priceless blessings and pleasant surprises, new and old friendships, cool adventures and golden life lessons. The Lord has continued to bless me, my family and all my relationships this year and for that, I am eternally grateful. He's kept all my loved ones safe and sound. He's also helped me achieve some of my dreams and preserve my hopes for the ones still to be realized. He's given me the courage to go for the things I've been wanting and has guided me against those I should be fighting against. I am so thankful for 2007. And this strange feeling I have towards the end of it is by no means an indication to the contrary. Thank you, Lord, for 2007.

No comments: