A number of people advised that we should consult a fertility expert if we want to get pregnant right away (or soon). For a while there, I didn't want to, for fear of bad news. At some level, I also felt that going to the doc means that we're giving up on getting this done naturally and conceding. It's hard to explain in detail but essentially I felt then that I just wasn't ready yet for the possible implications and results of going.
Late last year, though, we agreed that it was time to go "scientific" on the matter and find out what's taking us this long. So on the first weekend of January, we went on our first consultation, followed by another consult today. We also did two initial rounds of tests - one for him and one for me - both of which came out okay and normal. One down.
I'm now scheduled for a test called SHG next Tuesday - a test that checks if there are any blockages (or anything wrong, basically) with my fallopian tubes, since my ovaries and uterine wall (?) checked out okay. I'm a bit nervous about that because my preliminary internet research said it might be a bit painful and I should expect cramping. For someone who carries battle scars with dysmennorhea, cramping is still not something I take lightly :s However, since my solemn agreement with myself to divest of all things Ponstan and Advil-related, I will try to do the procedure as medication-free as possible. Cramps na kung cramps.
We also found out other things today that clarified some doubts lingering at the back of our heads. Indeed, knowledge is power. I wouldn't say though that I wish we went to the doc sooner, because I know now that I wasn't ready then to "face my fears". I am now, and I'm thankful to have a partner who is understanding, patient and never ever forces me to do something I'm not comfortable doing. He knows when to push and when to just let me be and hold my hand.
So, next Tuesday it is, doc. Fingers crossed!
No comments:
Post a Comment