Monday, November 20, 2006

a really good weekend and a real downer of a monday

Saturday--
Went to UA&P in the morning to give a short talk in their recruitment event. I'm always glad to do those things, even if sometimes they require me to wake up at an ungodly hour on Saturdays. Not only do I enjoy giving these talks, I also feel like I'm giving back to the school in my own little way.

Anyway, Dennis picked me up afterwards and we headed to Guia's house to look at jewelry. Hay, there's this one pair that was super duper pretty. I was tempted like you wouldn't believe to buy them, but my mom disagreed with the price. Oh well. Don't fret, there will always be a next time.

Went on to watch 007, which I thought was a cool and a really good depiction of how Bond, James Bond started out in his career as a secret agent. I thought it explained clearly why he turned out the way he did in the succeeding installments. After the movie, we walked around Podium for a bit, then headed to Cookbook Kitchen for dinner. Can I just say again just how much I looooove that place? It's so cozy, so romantic, and the food is heavenly. The price is so right too. For dinner for two complete with a dessert course, we only spent P600.

Dennis then dropped me off at Mia's party at Beers Paradise, where the beer is plenty and plenty expensive. (hahaha!) As usual, Martin and Rap chugged the stuff down like it was water. Too bad Dennis wasn't there; he would've loved the place. He later on picked me up so I can follow to Derrick's firm's first-anniv party.

Sunday--
Considering the late-night on Saturday, Sunday had me up bright and early to get a headstart on my Christmas shopping. It was quite successful, in that I got presents na for my brothers and for Dennis. But it was also quite a failure, in that I ended up spending a lot of money on myself too, by buying more clothes and a really pretty pair of shoes from Nine West. Hay.

Then we spent Sunday night watching Friends with Money (the Jennifer Aniston movie made shortly after her breakup with the Pitt) here at home, before the rerun of the Pacquiao fight started. My family made such an event out of it (none of us caught the live telecast during the day), it was so cute. Good thing it finished quickly though, I rarely have patience for these long dragged-out sporting matches. Hehehe.

Monday--
Woke up with a slight fever and a really bad headache, which led me to confine myself to bed and skip work. Though I admit it's quite nice to escape the ol' ball and chain called Smart for a day, I hate being sick. I hate feeling sluggish from all the extra hours napping and I especially hate the funny feeling you carry in your gut after ingesting antibiotic after antibiotic. Eeew.

On the flip side, the Glamour magazine and the DVD of The Producers from Dennis kept me entertained. I looooved the movie/musical! I could totally see it staged live in my mind, and I especially looooooove the end-sequence. Hehehe. I would love to see it on Broadway sometime in my life :-) A total killer of a performance. Everyone should get a chance to see it :-)

OK, time to watch old Friends reruns now... and trying not to go back to sleep again, lest I stay up awake all night tonight.

No comments: