Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Stork chase update and other stuff that's going on

So, I went to Kato again yesterday and did an ultrasound to monitor my ovulation. As mentioned before, we're doing a natural-cycle IVF so the first part is figuring out when my follicle for the month will mature and try to time the egg retrieval at the optimum time. Of course, part and parcel of that is making sure I'm healthy, eating well and doing things like acupuncture to make sure the egg is at its healthiest.

So off I went and the doctor tells me that my follicles look a bit on the small side still, this being Day 11 of my cycle. Since I usually have 30-day cycles, it looks like this will be another one of those and hence, we should see better 'egg action' by tomorrow, Thursday. Then she said it looks like, from her estimation, egg collection will be Saturday. This will also be the time when a sperm sample will be required and in-vitro fertilization will soon take place.

So far so good, in short. Not much activity yet.

Oh and I got my hormone test results back and while some values are on the low side, they're all normal. Whew.

Work, on the other hand, is getting really hectic. A big part of this is because of the bad shape that the company is in. It's been so draining being part of this and, while I want to help out my boss in every way I can, I also know I have my personal objectives and I don't want to overly stress myself out. Hayayay. So here I am considering maybe only taking 5-7 working days off, instead of the original 2 weeks I planned. Just because it seems like such a bad time to be out (then again, because the company is in such deep sh*t, is there ever going to be a good time to be out?!).

What to do, what to do...

Oh, and UA&P is knocking on my door again to teach this upcoming semester. On one hand, I really want to do it. I've missed teaching and it's such a good way for me to keep a balanced perspective about work.It allows me to do something I'm good at and I enjoy, and has no complications in the way that work always has. But on the other hand, I am also worried because it's still a big commitment and it's still pretty time-consuming.

What to do, what to do...

:-S

No comments: